Friday 15 February 2013

Freeroll tournaments, heads-up with buy-in

 

Hello fellow Poker enthusiasts,
I took the day off from playing poker yesterday February 14th for numerous reasons
The clear one being that it was valentines day, so I spent the time that I could with the 
girlfriend when I wasn't working. Now I apologize in advance to anyone reading this 
blog today and I hope it does not offend anyone in anyway.

So Far today I joined one +BankrollMob  freeroll and lost pretty early into the 
tournament with pocket Q's to a A6 off-suit he hit a pair or sixes off the flop then hit the ace on the river. I find it very difficult 
to win anything in the freeroll tournaments that +PokerStars  has to offer online for 
there are so many bad players willing to throw all their chips in on nothing. But at 
the same time this works out for the better sometimes, just not lately with my last 
freeroll win taking place three days back when I first started this blog.

After i lost in this freeroll tournament I got a little discouraged with the freerolls so 
I attempted to join two buy in sit&go's for $1.50 each. There were 10 people at each
 tournament and 5 places getting paid depending on how many chips they have left.
 I only placed in 1 of the 2 tournaments winning $2.71 which means I'm still down 
-($0.29)

I watched a couple videos today on +YouTube  with +Rocky Daniel Negreanu  the 
Professional poker player from +PokerStars and got some advice on how to play
 headsup style poker. I decided to take what I learned today and bring it to the tables. 
Once again i would like to apologize if this next comment. I joined another $1.50 
headsup style poker against a player from Russia. (I feel as though poker players
 play differently depending on where they live.) This comment is somewhat a 
stereotype, but I defiantly respond to bets from people with consideration of where
 they live. Russians are very aggressive betters when it comes to poker. With that 
into consideration I played my hands accordingly. I won this Tournament to adding 
+($1.38) to my bankroll.

When I was in the fifty50 tournaments I was talking about in the first paragraph I lost  
one tournament so I joined a Cash table. The blinds were set at [$0.01/$0.02] and I 
joined the table with $1.00 and left with ($1.25) only after paying for 2 blinds.
 +($0.25)

Alright, I'm done playing poker for the night. I joined 2 more $1.50 fifty50 tournaments and   ended up winning first place in both for an accumulated total of +($4.38) profit! Great news for me and if anyone is following!

My current bankroll is (11.63)   +(5.72) from my last post

No comments:

Post a Comment